Passivhaus buildings provide a high level of occupant comfort while using very little energy for heating and cooling. They are built with meticulous attention to detail and rigorous design and construction according to principles developed by the Passivhaus Institute in Germany, and can be certified through an exacting quality assurance process.
Over 30,000 Passivhaus buildings have been built in Europe and interest in Passivhaus is growing in the UK:
- at least 70 projects either certified or in progress.
- schools, offices, care homes and community buildings have all been certified
- Passivhaus has been applied on refurbishment and multiple dwelling sites.
Book your place now!
The 2012 two day UK Passivhaus Conference offers a comprehensive review of the uptake of Passivhaus in the UK covering the standard, its suitability in the UK including:
- Leading political speakers from the UK and across Europe
- Case studies from the UK pioneers, including lessons learnt from either 2nd and 3rd schemes
- Site visits to a Passivhaus school, office and housing project, all within 45 minutes of the conference!
- An exhibition of the Passivhaus - specific products and services
- Results from the latest academic and industry research
The conference will cover residential, non-domestic and refurbishment projects and will include the following themes:
- Planning and procurement
- Occupant comfort/measured performance
- Supply chain performance
- Cost and benefits
- Software, Modelling, PHPP
- Detailing: Thermal Bridging, Air tightness, Specialist Products and Solutions
- Retrofit Case Studies and Feedback
Special Feature: Spot the difference- live!
A special Passivhaus feature will be built on the grounds of the conference venue. Find out more here.